Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

CDT Class of 2016

Here's the spot for all of you aspiring CDT enthusiasts. You're a tough breed, hiking one of the most untamed trails in the country.

CDT Class of 2016

Postby wmcatty » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:37 am

Are there any hikers preparing for the CDT in 2016? If so, please post up either a pre-hike journal or leave your posts in here. I am planning on hiking several sections within Colorado this summer with my grandson and would like to hear from you. MO MO
wmcatty

Re: CDT Class of 2016

Postby dawg » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:28 pm

DAWG here, I will be starting sometime in late june (not sure which day yet) going SOBO. Hopefully finishing up the triple crown this coming season, AT 2014 + PCT 2015.
dawg

Postby wmcatty » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Hey Dawg. Glad to hear of someone else hitting the CDT in June. I will keep my eye on the trail for you. Although I will be Nobo, I will be easy to spot: One old man, a 6 year old kid and a 9 month old black Labrador in tow. The old man and the dog will be hauling backpacks. See you on the trail.
wmcatty

Postby wmcatty » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Hey Dawg, it looks like you and I are the only two hiking the CDT in Colorad this next summer. Think we will have any company along the tread? Sure hope to hear from them if they are planning on a nice, leisurely stroll through the Rockies...
wmcatty

Postby Bdubs » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Hey, I am hiking the Colorado trail this summer so I may run in to you where the trails overlap. Also, I am a Colorado native so feel free to ask if anyone needs logistical support for their trip
Bdubs

Postby zippymorocco » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:58 pm

I am hiking the CDT this year. Trying to decide between Northbound or South. Would really like to head NOBO and hike home but I will let the snowpack decide for me. Like Dawg I am looking for a Triple crown completion. AT 2013 PCT 2014.
zippymorocco

Postby bplant » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:12 am

Heading to CDT end of April....watching snow levels.
bplant

Postby dr__boB » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi, I'll be heading SOBO on the CDT as well, starting in June. I'll probably take the train to East Glacier around June 20 or so. Pretty stoked to complete the triple crown.

I hiked the AT and PCT both as research for a series of books of music I am composing. The book based on the AT is done; you can listen to it here: https://soundsthesongsofseabirds.bandca ... ds-the-sun (although its never been performed by the correct ensemble, which is string quartet; these recordings I've made on the piano are only slightly representative, but at least they are something).

I'm currently composing the composition based on the PCT, but am having some writer's block, so I'm thinking the best way to get inspired again is to head back into the wild. I'll be composing as much as I can while I hike south on the CDT, and will probably carry a melodica with me. Eventually I hope to complete the entire series of three books of music based on the whole triple crown.
http://www.bobsingley.com for more info. Peace, cu on the trail.
dr__boB

Postby wmcatty » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Had to change my CDT Class of 2016 hiking schedule to CDT Class of 2017 due to some shoulder surgery last Feb. Having rotator cuff surgery is a real treat. It takes almost a full year to completely heal up and get the range of motion/strength back. During that period of time, having shoulder straps bearing down on you while being married to a backpack is a whole new adventure in pain. Needless to say, the trip was put off until this coming summer. Training has begun with the daily walks and each walk is getting a little longer with more weight being added to the backpack each week. Shoulder still feels a little sore after a good workout, but it is to be expected. See you boys and girls on the trail!
wmcatty

Return to Continental Divide Trail