Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

BUTTERSCOTCH

Tell us about yourself! The hiking community is a collection of folks from all walks of life, bound together by the activity of hiking. Introduce yourself and let us know who you are.

do you think butterscotch should hike in 2013 with all the gear and food, but with barly any extra money??

yes
No votes
no
100%
your spelling is real bad
No votes
good luck your gonna need it
No votes

Total votes : 1

BUTTERSCOTCH

Postby norcaljuggalugbuggin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:39 pm

whats up? names BUTTERSCOTCH! Ive hiked, and camped alot, but havent backpacked completly self contained for weeks on end. Im on my way to gathering all my gear for a through-hike of the pct in 2014. I really understand its not to be taken lightly. Im from Ft. Bragg CA. I am starting training, Ive just been walking alot, and plan on walking a little more each day. I pretty much have a good idea off all the gear, and items I will need, except for clothes I will need in the snow, I have no experience in snow. I have watches just about evry video on the PCT on youtube, and read alot of the subjects on forums. The videos about the cloths are usally pretty vague. I deff plan on camping in the snow, and or cold weather before I take this jurney. I grew up in the Shasta, Lassen, Burney, dunsmur area, and love it, ive also explored desert as well, very fond of every landscape. i can even enjoy, and respect the urban scene as well... from a distance! Im in the planning stages right now, and if anyone can give a list of the towns in close proximity to the trail I would appreciate it. if any one dont mind giving a noobee like me some seasoned advice I would take all that I can get. hope to see you guys in 2014 on the trail sometime.

BUTTERSCOTCH
norcaljuggalugbuggin

Return to Who's Who of Hiking