Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

hi, good to find y'all

Tell us about yourself! The hiking community is a collection of folks from all walks of life, bound together by the activity of hiking. Introduce yourself and let us know who you are.

hi, good to find y'all

Postby tarbubble » Thu May 15, 2008 7:55 am

hi everybody. my real name is Colleen, my online handle is tarbubble. i live in southern CA and have been on many disjointed pieces of the PCT, but only as far north as Tuolumne. i love the PCT and once my kidlets are old enough we will be tackling it, most likely in summer-long sections. for now i am a full-time mom to 2 little boys, ages 3 and 6. i've been to the kickoff a number of times but i'm not part of any of the "in crowds," mostly i go to see folks' kits and soak in the hiker atmosphere. you might remember my backpacking diaper kit from one of the gear contests 5 or so years ago, if you were there.

our style is as ultralight as you can get with two little kids. i sew a lot of our gear myself - you can see our two-person quilt and the quilt i sewed for my 6-year-old right here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10427780@N ... 504807976/

so hey. nice to be here, so cool to find a forum dedicated to the PCT. the PCT-L was too chaotic for me, so i've been hoping for something like this site.
tarbubble

Postby Ellie » Thu May 15, 2008 9:34 am

Hi Tarbubble

Welcome to the site and nice quilts! I use one myself and love it.

Ellie
Ellie

Return to Who's Who of Hiking