Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Another new guy....

Tell us about yourself! The hiking community is a collection of folks from all walks of life, bound together by the activity of hiking. Introduce yourself and let us know who you are.

Another new guy....

Postby Krewzer » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:47 am

Hey y'all. New to site.

I'm here looking for info, tips and advice for a PCT hike in '09. Also, and more importantly, I enjoy the company of backpackers and long distance hikers. I come from Alabama (Sorry, no banjo on my knee), but I currently live at Cape Hatteras on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

I am a current member of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, the Benton MacKaye Trail Assc., Pacific Crest Trail Assoc, ALDHA and a member and volunteer for the Friends of the Mountains to Sea Trail here in North Carolina. I've hiked the AT, the Long Trail, the Benton MacKaye Trail, and other places in the South and East. I've been an Outings leader, Outings Committee chairman, newsletter editor and Chairman of the North Alabama Group Sierra Club, but never set foot on the John Muir Trail or hiked anywhere in the Sierra's.

Thanks in advance for the insight, tips and information.
Krewzer

Re: Another new guy....

Postby postholer » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:19 am

Welcome to Postholer Krewzer! Your hiking 'resume' is very impressive. I'm sure you'll enjoy the PCT, the greatest trail of them all!

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Return to Who's Who of Hiking