Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Mobile Picture Uploads - Now you can!

The place to go for all information regarding journal support. This is also a good place to make feature requests.

Moderator: postholer

Mobile Picture Uploads - Now you can!

Postby postholer » Mon May 09, 2011 4:00 pm

On the mobile version of the site, I've changed the edit journal page so you can upload photos just like you can from the main journal page.

This makes it easier to upload photos.

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby Brian & Alli » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Is this possible when using the mobile version on a mobile phone? When I try, it shows an 'Uploads Disabled' button.
Brian & Alli

Postby postholer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Brian & Alli wrote:Is this possible when using the mobile version on a mobile phone? When I try, it shows an 'Uploads Disabled' button.

That is going to be an issue with your phone, browser or provider. It *should* work.

Apologies for not being of more help.

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby Brian & Alli » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:11 pm

I think it is safe to rule out the provider.

I am just using basic Android with their standard internet browser. Has the mobile app been tested with Android?
Brian & Alli

Postby Brian & Alli » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:17 pm

Also, I have tried using the stock browser as well as Dolphin.
Brian & Alli

Postby Brian & Alli » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Also, and maybe this may shed additional light, I get the 'Uploads Disabled' when I am on the non-mobile version of the site on my phone as well.

I do hope someone has come across this before. It would be odd to be the first with abundance of Android devices walking the trails these days.
Brian & Alli

Postby Brian & Alli » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Well, I think I have found a solution. After downloading a few different browsers, I found that Opera Mobile was the one that would allow file uploads from the phone.

For what it is worth, the Opera Mobile browser seems made for the postholer site. It displayed far better in this browser than others.. And the software is less than 1 meg.
Brian & Alli

Postby postholer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Brian & Alli wrote:Well, I think I have found a solution. After downloading a few different browsers, I found that Opera Mobile was the one that would allow file uploads from the phone.

It's kinda tough to test every browser/cell combo out there for practical reasons.

I do rely heavily on your feedback and general experience. Opera has always had a solid cell browser.

If your browser doesn't let you upload from the mobile or main journal page, you can bet it's the way the browser handles uploads.

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Re:

Postby Treetop1212 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:40 am

How do I link Opera Webbrowser to open the Postholer mobile APP? My photo upload crashes with Google Chrome. I downloaded Opera.
I have a Note 5 Samsung.....
thanks

Michael

postholer wrote:
Brian & Alli wrote:Well, I think I have found a solution. After downloading a few different browsers, I found that Opera Mobile was the one that would allow file uploads from the phone.

It's kinda tough to test every browser/cell combo out there for practical reasons.

I do rely heavily on your feedback and general experience. Opera has always had a solid cell browser.

If your browser doesn't let you upload from the mobile or main journal page, you can bet it's the way the browser handles uploads.

-postholer
Michael Gallo
TreeTop
Treetop1212

Re: Mobile Picture Uploads - Now you can!

Postby Treetop1212 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:07 pm

The app for the Note 5 does NOT work. Can you please fix this? When I upload a pic, it crashes and I cannot even send a log report.

I can NOT also use the app to log my journals at all.

Android version 6.0.1

thanks

Michael
Michael Gallo
TreeTop
Treetop1212

Return to Journal Support