Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Formatting of Drop Down list box for selecting entries

The place to go for all information regarding journal support. This is also a good place to make feature requests.

Moderator: postholer

Formatting of Drop Down list box for selecting entries

Postby maineman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm wondering if it's possible to format the width of the drop down list box displaying journal entries. I'd like to use slightly longer entry titles, and when I do the title gets cut off by the width of the list box (but the entry title displays correctly as the entry header)

Any ideas? Also, for some reason, on my embeded journal test page, one entry appears bold and in green text in the list box! weird..
maineman

btw...

Postby maineman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:57 pm

btw, I am amazed by the functionality and flexibility of the postholer journal - particularly in integrating different technologies. What an amazing labor of love. Hats off!
maineman

Re: Formatting of Drop Down list box for selecting entries

Postby postholer » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:12 pm

maineman wrote:I'm wondering if it's possible to format the width of the drop down list box displaying journal entries.

Unfortunately, no. The style of the select statement is set on the server side. To allow folks to change it would require folks to build their own select statement. It's a trade-off between ease of embedding a journal vs complete control over styling. I chose a middle ground.

maineman wrote:Also, for some reason, on my embeded journal test page, one entry appears bold and in green text in the list box! weird..

Yeah, the bold/green signifies the journal entry is "on trail" as opposed to pre-trip or post trip.

Thanks for the kind words!

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Thanks

Postby maineman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:33 am

Thank you
maineman

Return to Journal Support