Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Stump the Webmaster

The place to go for all information regarding journal support. This is also a good place to make feature requests.

Moderator: postholer

Stump the Webmaster

Postby maineman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:45 am

Well apparently there is NOTHING our webmaster can't figure out so I'll try him again :-)

Currently in my embedded Postholer Google map, clicking the spot location icon makes the associated Postholer website journal entry (and it's original formatting) load inside my <iframe>

The link calls "viewjournal.php"

Idealy, it would load MY version of the journal - the local copy of "myJournal.php"

If this isn't possible, I'll just disable the linking of my Spot locations to journal entries and that will solve the problem.

There are a couple Spot locations marked on my map way over in Maine currently - one is linked and if clicked will show what I'm talking about.

anyone can feel free to check it out: www.jasonhikes.com

Once again, I am SO happy and impressed with the site and it's features - amazing!
maineman

Re: Stump the Webmaster

Postby postholer » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:49 pm

maineman wrote:Currently in my embedded Postholer Google map, clicking the spot location icon makes the associated Postholer website journal entry ...Idealy, it would load MY version of the journal - the local copy of "myJournal.php"

Yep, that's exactly what it should do.

Let me poke around a bit and see if I can get it do that as painlessly as possible.

Thanks for the kind words Maineman!

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Re: Stump the Webmaster

Postby postholer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:43 am

maineman wrote:Currently in my embedded Postholer Google map, clicking the spot location icon makes the associated Postholer website journal entry ...Idealy, it would load MY version of the journal - the local copy of "myJournal.php"

OK.

I took a look at this and the solution is kinda ugly.

Getting the url of your custom page (pct.php) is easy enough. But I need to pass an entry id to your page and your page needs to be able to process it. The url would look something like: pct.php?entry_id=999999

Once you have the entry id your page can grab all the data from the postholer journals and update your frame/page.

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Return to Journal Support