Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Erase last year Spot locations on map

The place to go for all information regarding journal support. This is also a good place to make feature requests.

Moderator: postholer

Erase last year Spot locations on map

Postby SunnyWalker » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Does anyone know how and if so please explain how I can erase the spots/locations my spot device sent in to Postholer.com and they are now on the map of the CDT. I am starting over this year and also want to tinker with my spot device (new one) to see about it. In the end though I will wish to erase those spots also. Thanks.
"Something hidden, go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" -Rudyard Kipling
SunnyWalker

Re: Erase last year Spot locations on map

Postby postholer » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:14 am

SunnyWalker wrote:Does anyone know how and if so please explain how I can erase the spots/locations my spot device sent in to Postholer.com and they are now on the map of the CDT. I am starting over this year and also want to tinker with my spot device (new one) to see about it. In the end though I will wish to erase those spots also. Thanks.

There is no feature to remove your spots.

It's easier for me to delete them than have people ask if I can restore their spots they accidentally deleted! :D

I can delete them now if you wish. Or when you're done tinkering, I'll delete them all then.

Additionally, you can start a new journal for this year and leave your old journal intact. That will preserve all your hard-earned spots.

Let me know!
-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Re: Erase last year Spot locations on map

Postby SunnyWalker » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:30 am

OK, thanks. If you need to do it let me tinker first as I want to test my new Spot Gen 3. Then I'll let you know to erase all the . . . spots! (Thanks). :D
"Something hidden, go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" -Rudyard Kipling
SunnyWalker

Return to Journal Support