Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

iPhone Image Rotation Fix

The place to go for all information regarding journal support. This is also a good place to make feature requests.

Moderator: postholer

iPhone Image Rotation Fix

Postby StarMan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:03 pm

I think I have a work around for the iPhone upload rotation problem. If you find that your iPhone photos randomly rotate when trying to post, then here is a theory and fix.

When an "I" device talks to another Apple device the image rotation is not a factor. However, when trying to view an image on an another non-Apple device some secret code seems to be missing. So.......

I found that if I simply edit the image in the "Photos" App by choosing the Edit button. Then I choose the crop function. Then I rotate the image 90 degrees and hit Done. Then I choose the crop function again and rotate the image until it is correct and choose done. Sounds a little wonky, but it worked for me.

What I figure is the act of editing the photo by rotating, saving and rotating again adds some secret universal code that even a Windows or Android device can read.

Now if someone can tell me how to edit the image name of a photo on my iPhone, I would be very happy. Seems that the default for loading multiple images is simply "image.jpg".

StarMan
StarMan

Return to Journal Support