Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Photo caption vs image

The place to go for all information regarding journal support. This is also a good place to make feature requests.

Moderator: postholer

Photo caption vs image

Postby surforcycle » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:22 am

Using an iPhone 4s, first pic works fine. Subsequent pics (2,3,4,5) have issues. Pic 2 will either be the same pic as #1 but with correct caption, or the correct #2 pic with #1's caption. What's up? Last year it worked fine with the same iPhone 4s. Wonder if Postholer is looking for an image ID # which isn't included so it gets confused. I've only been able to use one pic per entry.
surforcycle

Re: Photo caption vs image

Postby postholer » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:31 am

surforcycle wrote:Using an iPhone 4s, first pic works fine. Subsequent pics (2,3,4,5) have issues. Pic 2 will either be the same pic as #1 but with correct caption, or the correct #2 pic with #1's caption. What's up? Last year it worked fine with the same iPhone 4s. Wonder if Postholer is looking for an image ID # which isn't included so it gets confused. I've only been able to use one pic per entry.

If you're talking about uploading from the web page, iPhone's always name the image 'photo.jpg'. So for all intents and purposes you are uploading the same image. You need to rename the image to something meaningful and upload it.

If you're talking about emailing a journal entry with an attached image, you can only attach 1 image. The first will be overwritten. Subsequent images need to be uploaded from the web page.

Hope that helps!
-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby surforcycle » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:42 am

Sorry, a little more info here .... Everything is being done with my iPhone 4S. I'm editing the journal entry; selecting a photo from my phone's photo collection; creating a caption, and Saving the result which is where the conflict occurs with pics #2 onward.
surforcycle

Postby postholer » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:12 am

surforcycle wrote:Sorry, a little more info here .... Everything is being done with my iPhone 4S. I'm editing the journal entry; selecting a photo from my phone's photo collection; creating a caption, and Saving the result which is where the conflict occurs with pics #2 onward.

When you "select a photo from my phone's photo collection" your phone gives it the upload name "photo.jpg". When you select pic #2 your phone calls it "photo.jpg" also, and so on.

Every photo you upload is being renamed by your phone to "photo.jpg", hence the existing "photo.jpg" in your journal gets overwritten.

This is a common occurrence with iPhone users.

Hope that helps!
-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Return to Journal Support