Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Unable to edit or delete equipment list

The place to go for all information regarding journal support. This is also a good place to make feature requests.

Moderator: postholer

Unable to edit or delete equipment list

Postby drawohken52 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Tried to edit my equipment list and it failed to change. Then after several attempts during different logins, it unexpectedly deleted my list. Now I'm back to not being able to update my list after the 1st save, nor delete it to start over.
drawohken52

Re: Unable to edit or delete equipment list

Postby postholer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:15 pm

drawohken52 wrote:Tried to edit my equipment list and it failed to change. Then after several attempts during different logins, it unexpectedly deleted my list. Now I'm back to not being able to update my list after the 1st save, nor delete it to start over.

Not sure what's happening. It's very unlikely that it deleted itself without typing 'delete' in the box and clicking the delete button.

When you say you can't save it or delete it are the buttons not there or greyed out? More details please!

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby drawohken52 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:42 am

Everything appears correct, it even lets me enter new data. The only issue is it does not save when I hit save. I end up with the previous data. Same thing with delete. I type delete, and the screen refreshes with the same data.
drawohken52

Postby postholer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:27 am

drawohken52 wrote:Everything appears correct, it even lets me enter new data. The only issue is it does not save when I hit save. I end up with the previous data. Same thing with delete. I type delete, and the screen refreshes with the same data.

What type of device are you using? Is it a desktop, tablet, phone, etc. What OS are you using Window, Apple, iOS, Android, etc. What type of browser Chrome, FireFox, IE, Safari, etc.

You might try doing a Ctrl-F5 refreshing your cache.

Thanks for the feedback!
Scott
postholer
Site Admin

Postby batesvillebreeze » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:17 pm

Scott Parks,

I'm on a MacBook Pro using Safari and I can't create a new gear list either. I've tried it several times. I type everything in, hit save and everything disappears. I have a gear list associated with my 2015 PCT journal but I'm trying to create an updated one for 2017.

Thanks, Slingblade
batesvillebreeze

Postby Since1987 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:29 pm

Actually I'm having this same problem. Trying to create a stand-alone gear list and the Save simply wipes out everything I've entered in. Have entered a title, section title, item description, price, weight, and even deleted all the extra lines that i had not filled in...basically a gear list with only 1 item. Hit Save and it goes away. Working on an iMac/Safari browser. Going to try using Chrome instead.

Chrome works fine. Must be something with the Safari browser
Since1987

Return to Journal Support