Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Oil Industry Says Global Warming Real/Manmade

People are very passionate about the topic of Climate Change. And that's a good thing. So, here's a spot where you can unleash your passion. But, be nice.

Moderator: karmagurl

Oil Industry Says Global Warming Real/Manmade

Postby treeWoof » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:41 am

At the behest of the Koch Foundation (oil industry funded), an extensive study known as BEST was just completed. Headed by long and loud skeptic Dr. Richard Mueller, he now has this to say:

"Call me a converted skeptic. Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming. Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I'm now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause."

The Koch Foundation, which in turn is funded by the oil industry, has paid for this study. Further, the Koch Foundation has spent 47 million dollars since 1997 funding all manner of manufactured doubt campaigns! :shock:

Also of interest, the study found warming to a greater extent than the IPCC report that is so much maligned by the skeptics! :shock:

A couple weeks ago we had the head of Exxon tell us that global warming was indeed real. Now an oil industry funded study tells us the same thing.

What's a skeptic to do? I need an hour of Rush Limbaugh to set my mind right on this. :oops:
treeWoof

Return to Climate Change