Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Location markers on maps missing

Anything concerning the Postholer Google Maps. This may be feature requests, marker information updates or bug reports.

Moderator: postholer

Location markers on maps missing

Postby dropnroll » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:40 am

I really love the lat/lon location feature on the Postholer journals and the overlay on the trail maps. I used this for the CDT in 2013 and it worked great. I tried using it for the Hayduke 2016, but I noticed my points are no longer showing up on the maps. There used to be a little hiker icon at each journal entry location that showed up on the my maps (using the event id of my journal or the link from the entry). My CDT 2013 map is also missing all the points that used to show up. Did something change that these points no longer show up, or am I doing something wrong? I tried viewing in Chrome and IE - same issue in both.
Thanks -
DnR
dropnroll

Re: Location markers on maps missing

Postby postholer » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:50 am

dropnroll wrote:I really love the lat/lon location feature on the Postholer journals and the overlay on the trail maps. I used this for the CDT in 2013 and it worked great. I tried using it for the Hayduke 2016, but I noticed my points are no longer showing up on the maps.

We realize this is a cool feature, that's why we make available only to postholer journalists. While you have journals, your daily journal entries are empty. This is not in the spirit of journalling. Being that your journals have no content, both of your journals have been hidden. Only you can access them while logged in.

Hope that helps,
-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Return to Postholer Google Maps