Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

PCT Databook suggestion

Use this forum for anything related to the site that may not fit in the Journal, Maps, etc., forum.

Moderator: postholer

PCT Databook suggestion

Postby rcluster » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Finally checked your Databook out today and it looks very useful. I like the format and the choice of data points.

One thing that would make the PDF version a bit more helpful for section hikers (since we now fall into that category), is to have each section start on a new page. This would allow printing of a section or three without having extra "stuff" at the beginning and end.

I realize this will add pages to the PDF so, at the risk of adding to your workload, maybe have both versions available so the hiker has that option.

Thanks Scott, your site provides an invaluable service to the hikers.

Ron Cluster
Snowplow
rcluster

Re: PCT Databook suggestion

Postby postholer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:21 pm

rcluster wrote:One thing that would make the PDF version a bit more helpful for section hikers (since we now fall into that category), is to have each section start on a new page. This would allow printing of a section or three without having extra "stuff" at the beginning and end

That would make it easier to deal with. Even for thrus who only want to carry sections at a time instead of the whole thing.

BTW, you may have noticed that I used a screen grab of yours and Julie's journal for the journal home page, I mean since you did a real nice job of keeping it so complete!

Thanks for the suggestion!

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Re: PCT Databook suggestion

Postby rcluster » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:02 pm

postholer wrote:
That would make it easier to deal with. Even for thrus who only want to carry sections at a time instead of the whole thing.

BTW, you may have noticed that I used a screen grab of yours and Julie's journal for the journal home page, I mean since you did a real nice job of keeping it so complete!

Thanks for the suggestion!

-postholer

Hey nice! We hadn't noticed that! Thanks for the compliment. We only wish we had been able to add more entries....i.e.: hike more! Ah well, we'll keep plugging away at it the next few years. (Look for a request from me next year to be able to have more than three journals.....)

Thanks again Scott, obviously lots of thought and effort went into your site and it shows.

Ron & Julie
Snowplow & Rubber Legs
rcluster

Return to Postholer Stew