Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

View posts since last visit -- blank page

Use this forum for anything related to the site that may not fit in the Journal, Maps, etc., forum.

Moderator: postholer

View posts since last visit -- blank page

Postby abela » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Howdie,

I am getting a blank page when I click on the "View posts since last visit" -- confirmed in FF, IE, Chrome, Safari.
abela

Re: View posts since last visit -- blank page

Postby postholer » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:43 pm

That is correct. Due to resource constraints, most search type features for the forums has been disabled.

-postholer

abela wrote:I am getting a blank page when I click on the "View posts since last visit" -- confirmed in FF, IE, Chrome, Safari.
postholer
Site Admin

Postby abela » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:34 pm

postholer wrote:That is correct. Due to resource constraints, most search type features for the forums has been disabled.

That's a serious bummer. The 'new posts since last visit' is probably the most useful feature for active forum members.

If you need any assistance with hosting let me know. I run dedicated servers and could hook you up with a shared account.

And if you need any assistance with phpBB let me know, I am one of the co-founders of phpBB and understand(stood?) how it works.

John
abela

Postby postholer » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:08 pm

abela wrote:If you need any assistance with hosting let me know. I run dedicated servers and could hook you up with a shared account.

Thanks for the feedback and offer!

The forums account for a small fraction of site traffic and resources. The server log shows that search attempts are few.

Having significant system resources on standby for the journals and google maps is one reason why this site is faster than 90% of all other sites on the internet. :wink:

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Return to Postholer Stew