Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Ability to intensively search hiker journals?

Use this forum for anything related to the site that may not fit in the Journal, Maps, etc., forum.

Moderator: postholer

Ability to intensively search hiker journals?

Postby postholer » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 pm

With the exception of private journals and journalists who choose to opt out, would it be a benefit to allow extremely intensive searching of journals by the public?

At the request of one of our hard-core journalists, I've created a means to intensively and deeply search journals for the purpose of acquiring first hand hiking information and all that that entails.

This feature is located at:
http://postholer.com/journal/getWisdom.php

The upside.
Hikers preparing for their hikes can get *anything* that has ever been done on the trail, gleaning first hand information into the subject of long-distance hiking. Very handy indeed.

The DOWNSIDE.
Organizations and individuals with their own selfish interests in mind who seek other information such as patterns, behaviors and other information that is none of their business is easily and extensively available.

That HUGE DOWNSIDE is the reason I can't make this feature public. However, since I've been asked nicely, what are your thoughts on the matter?

-postholer

--
http://www.postholer.com
postholer
Site Admin

Re: Ability to intensively search hiker journals?

Postby gg-man » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 pm

How is this different than doing a google search focused on postholer.com?
gg-man

Re: Ability to intensively search hiker journals?

Postby footlocker » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:20 am

It beats intensively searching for hikers! :twisted: I cant even find myself! P.S. If someone is researching "MY" internet past...get some(lots) java, some doubled wicked candles, and a diaper! Im a boy of few words...a few million! Ha Ha!
footlocker

Return to Postholer Stew