Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

A Big Thank You!

Use this forum for anything related to the site that may not fit in the Journal, Maps, etc., forum.

Moderator: postholer

A Big Thank You!

Postby postholer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Kudos to all of you that have contributed suggestions and time to making postholer the best darn journal/trail map/snow site out there! Here's a list of contributors in a sorta chronological order.

Dr. Bob - excellent snow page suggestions
Paul Martin Smith - prodding me for Google trail maps and trail condition reporting
Ellie - extensive QA and layout suggestions
Jason 'Space Cowboy' Bobier - numerous journal suggestions
Brett 'Blisterfree' Tucker - GET and AZT data
Jonathan Ley - CDT data
Tom Dunigan - AT shelter data
Jeffrey Hunter - prodding me fot the JMT map
Rod Belshee - serious vision for the site
Brian 'Gadget' Lewis - Postholer Mobile and other suggestions
Lon 'Halfmile' Cooper - Photo rotation, search summary layout
Paul Fitzgerald - layout suggestions
and EVERYONE who uses the site!!!!

If I missed you, a big THANKS!

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby p-fitz » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:03 pm

Well, I certainly can't take credit for anything! This website was fantastic long before I ever stumbled across it.

Postholer is a great website. I don't understand why more people are not on here. It is far superior to the other hiking forums and journal sites out there. The maps alone make this website the best. The maildrop information was hugely important in our PCT planning. Everything is easy to use and very informative.

It is nice of you to say "thank you" Scott, but the credit clearly belongs to you. Thanks for such a great website. If nothing else, it has provided me with countless hours of fun diversions at work!
p-fitz

Postby Ellie » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:18 pm

I have used this site to date on my trip, and had no issues, other than my own user errors of course. I have posted journals with an attached picture at least every few days from the trail where I had mobile access.

I have used other sites, and can say without a doubt, that this is by far the best trail journaling site to use! The resources alone (mobile weather, maps, etc) make it valuable.

Thanks Scott!

Ellie
Ellie

Return to Postholer Stew