Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

OnLine PCT Databook

Use this forum for anything related to the site that may not fit in the Journal, Maps, etc., forum.

Moderator: postholer

OnLine PCT Databook

Postby postholer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:20 pm

The new online PCT databook is here!

http://postholer.com/databook

Packed with tons of info you won't find in any other data book, such as the high/low elevations between 2 points. Also, the amount of ascent/descent between 2 points. Of course the standard data associated with a databook is here also.

You'll also find postholer's custom elevation charts for each section with info not found in any other elevation charts.

Enjoy!

-postholer 8)
postholer
Site Admin

Postby Jonnycat5000 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:31 am

Way cool, thanks!

Are you open to input regarding incorrect entries/corrections from the data given in the data book?
Jonnycat5000

Re: OnLine PCT Databook

Postby postholer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Jonnycat5000 wrote:Are you open to input regarding incorrect entries/corrections from the data given in the data book?

You bet! If you find any errors or if you have any locations you'd like to see added, let me know. Location name and lat/lon in decimal degrees WGS84 format would be great.

Just as a clarification, none of the distance or elevation data was taken from the data book. Several dozens of locations in the data book are not duplicated here for various reasons. Plus, I've added many locations that are not in the data book.

So any errors in the data book might not be here. But then again, I'm sure I've introduced my own new set of errors!

All of the distance/elevation data you'll find here is 'new'. Data like 'high/low from last' and 'ascent/descent from last' can't even be extrapolated from the data book nor do any of the distances match.

Updates are painless and can be as frequent as folks wish.

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby Jonnycat5000 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Cool, thanks! I'll just PM you with the info, unless there is another format (or open topic) you would prefer.
Jonnycat5000

Return to Postholer Stew