Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Big Bear Lake Information

If you have any hiking items for sale or something you'd just like to give away, you can let folks know here. It beats taking up space in your closet!

Big Bear Lake Information

Postby BigBearHostel » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:02 am

Grayson here (real name)

I run the Big Bear Hostel.

I started a hostel in Big Bear for outdoorsy people to come up and ski/snowboard/paddle/mountain bike etc.. I didn't even know what the PCT was. Then stinky people started showing up in May!!

Oddly enough, I was born with no sense of smell!
A match made in heaven? Destiny? Coincidence?

This will be our third year really trying to cater to PCT hikers.
We offer a thru hiker discount, rides in from the trail, a warm bed in a dorm or a private room for 1-6 people, trail magic and more!

Once again I would like to offer any supporting Angels a free place to stay in Big Bear from now through May. Giving rides to PCT hikers from the trail head is quite a task and we can use all the help we can get. So send us your unemployed friends, past hikers, groupies, angels etc.. Preferably with a car!

Anyway, we have our first few 2011 hiker guests this year, already in Big Bear, and the ski resorts are still open!

I guess I am probably late in posting this since y'all plan so far ahead but here goes.
This link should get you most of the information you need if you are planning to stay with us:
http://bigbearhostel.weebly.com/pct-hikers.html

I plan to be at the kickoff weekend and look forward to meeting this years crazy hikers!

Grayson

PS, anyone who reads this, please give reply with your ETA to Big Bear.. I'm curious when most people will be coming through.

Enjoy the view!
- Grayson

owner
www.BigBearHostel.com
909 866 8900
BigBearHostel

Postby outpost » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:05 pm

echo and i will be coming through between may 1 and 5 depending on mileage. less if we have to make cap in idyllwild to wait for clear weather
outpost

Postby gg-man » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:48 pm

May 30-31st
gg-man

Postby DannyBoy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:39 pm

1st week of May.
DannyBoy

Postby Wanderindot » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:10 pm

probably May 6. Thanks for posting! I'd checked your website but not seen the PCT hiker discount area, you make us gnarly hikers welcome, thank you!
Wanderindot

Return to FOR SALE - Gear, Services, Freebies, etc.