Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

iOS app

"Mobi" is designed for those folks who will be updating their journals from the trail. It's also a great place to get 7-day plain text weather forecasts. Tell us how it's working for you.

iOS app

Postby impactmrj » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:16 pm

Hello Hikers,

I am hitting the AT on March 13th, 2018, just over a week away, yeah!!! I decided to use postholer.com to keep my trail journal. The capability to send an email with the keywords in it was especially important to me. Especially with spotty AT&T data coverage, I felt it was best for me to create my entries while they are fresh, even if I am offline. The email format is a good but could be prone to me making mistakes. So I decided to write an iOS application to handle this for me. It happens to be my first app I've written for iOS!! It took me about two weeks. It isn't sexy but it will get the job done!!! Anyway, I just got it approved by Apple and it is available in the App App Store. I am charging a $1 to recover my costs, Apple charges for a development license. I am hoping to get a few minor changes into the app before I leave for the AT.

In the settings page, you can enter the email address -- myjounral@postholer.com and of course the secret email code to your specific postholer hiking journal. The journal entries are saved locally on your phone and you can generate the email draft with all the {fields} filled in.

Hiker's Chronicle:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hikers- ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Have a good hike,

Michael.
impactmrj

Re: iOS app

Postby d20 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:41 pm

The app appears to work, which is kind of neat.

Too bad the Postholer App doesn't work for iOS, but this was nice to see.

Thanks!
d20

Return to Postholer Mobile