Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Weather Reports are fantastic

"Mobi" is designed for those folks who will be updating their journals from the trail. It's also a great place to get 7-day plain text weather forecasts. Tell us how it's working for you.

Weather Reports are fantastic

Postby brianle » Thu May 22, 2008 7:02 pm

I've already said this, but I want to say again how much I appreciate your weather reports --- they're perfect. The only possible improvement would be to add a few more intermediate points, but I'm quibbling --- having a text-only extended forecast for various places along the trail should make this feature alone worth bookmarking postholer mobile for anyone with any sort of internet access along the trail. Thanks.

Gadget (Brian Lewis)
brianle

Re: Weather Reports are fantastic

Postby postholer » Fri May 23, 2008 10:50 am

brianle wrote:I've already said this, but I want to say again how much I appreciate your weather reports --- they're perfect.

Thanks Brian!

Using Lat/Lon you can get a 'Point Forecast' for anywhere. This really supplements the 43 preset locations you can select from.

So, if you have a gps or someone near you probably will over a 2 day period, you can get the 7-day forecast from where you happen to be.

The neat thing about point forecast is the 5km resolution. If you're camped at 9,000 feet you'll get an idea what the high/low temps are. So, without knowing a history of the area, you can plan for cool night time temps.

Thanks for you comments and you feedback!

Carry on with your fantastic hike!
-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby leaftye » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:00 pm

That does seem like it'd be very useful. I may need to switch phones and get a data plan or something to take advantage of this.
Sir Mix-a-lot
www.eugeneleafty.com
leaftye

Return to Postholer Mobile