Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

More permits due to Wild this year?

Discussion area for all topics concerning the the Pacific Crest Trail. This is a pleasant and friendly place where the 'hike your own hike' philosophy is encouraged.

Moderator: postholer

More permits due to Wild this year?

Postby bback1 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:46 pm

The popularity of the trail is certainly increasing. With the sudden increase in permits it seems as though the trail is going to be packed this year.
In any particular year what is the percentage of permits issued to the number of hikers that actually show up to hike? I am wondering if this year's Wild crowd is showing up, SO FAR, in the same percentage as years past?
I thought some experienced PCT hikers who are on the trail already might have an idea of what they are seeing on trail, registers, or towns as compared to the PCT permit page numbers in order to make a guesstimate?
bback1

Re: More permits due to Wild this year?

Postby Khrolar » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:21 pm

I'm sure there is some relation, becuase I had thought about doing the PCT for the last 2 years. But it wasn't untill I actually watched wild (after reading the book) that I have settled on hiking it by 2020. Looks like an amazing journey to do and I am really excited for it!
Khrolar

Return to Pacific Crest Trail