Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Posting Vids in Trail Towns

Discussion area for all topics concerning the the Pacific Crest Trail. This is a pleasant and friendly place where the 'hike your own hike' philosophy is encouraged.

Moderator: postholer

Posting Vids in Trail Towns

Postby kiwi stu » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:14 pm

I have been watching peoples hikes on Youtube and am planning to do the same, and post my hike as I go.
I have a Gopro,Sticpic and my own Youtube channel so Im all set to go.
Now some advice please.
I have the programme My Movie - Movie maker on an external drive that I will take with me.
As I live in Australia I want to check on the internet services I am going to have available to me in the Trail towns.
Do most Hotels/motels and Internet cafes that I am going to encounter on the trail have computers available for me
to plug my Gopro into, download my movie clips onto the desktop,,then plug in my external drive..use movie maker to edit clips into a movie.
That's the format I have been using down here in Aussie and it works great.
I will be wanting to do about 95% of my vids like this if possible..or something similar.

I also have an App on my iphone called capture which allows me to post straight to youtube..but I wont be using my phone for
many vids..I have it mainly for my Guthook/Halfmile apps and to use Instagram.

Any advice on this will be appreciated
Cheers Stu
Brisbane,Australia
kiwi stu

Re: Posting Vids in Trail Towns

Postby kiwi stu » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:34 pm

Sorry guys,i somehow deleted a paragraph when posting.
after i have made my movie and its on the desktop,i then open youtube,logon and download and publish the movie.

Is all this going to work in the trail towns ?
cheers Stu
kiwi stu

Postby Bigfoot_Hunter » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:11 am

I'd be surprised if there were computers for you to use in the towns along the PCT. I plan on using my phone or bring a laptop to bounce from town to town. I think the standard way is to have your own devise and then find a wifi hot spot in town to connect to the internet to get your videos up on youtube.
Bigfoot_Hunter

Postby kiwi stu » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks for reply Big Foot Hunter.
Any Gopro users out there that can tell me what they do ?
Cheers Stu
kiwi stu

Return to Pacific Crest Trail