Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Triple crown for Suicide prevention

Discussion area for all topics concerning the the Pacific Crest Trail. This is a pleasant and friendly place where the 'hike your own hike' philosophy is encouraged.

Moderator: postholer

Triple crown for Suicide prevention

Postby jgar15 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:13 am

I hope everyone is getting ready for another great season of backpacking! This year I am doing the triple crown of hiking (Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest trail and Continental Divide Trail) all in the same year for about 9 months and 7,500 miles of hiking. I am doing it for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention not only to just raise money but more importantly to bring awareness to a cause that none of us like to talk about. I write a blog/journal post every day on my site and facebook page and invite you to follow along, or at the very to just bring up the cause that is near and dear to me. I am currently 270 miles and two weeks into my great adventure!

facebook: www.facebook.com/freeoutside
Check out all my traveling adventures and pictures at he link below
http://freeoutside.com/
jgar15

Re: Triple crown for Suicide prevention

Postby Fish » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:56 am

I live on the CDT. I'm also planning a PCT hike from Kennedy Meadows to North Cascades. Are you prepared for snow travel? Alot of the 2016 PCT hopefuls are not ready for this...
Fish

Return to Pacific Crest Trail