Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Colorado Trail Angles

Here's the spot for all of you aspiring CDT enthusiasts. You're a tough breed, hiking one of the most untamed trails in the country.

Colorado Trail Angles

Postby stormin » Sat May 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Looking for info on Trail Angles hiker friendly motels on the Trail thru Colorado. stormin[/code]
stormin

Re: Colorado Trail Angles

Postby tonymason » Mon May 28, 2012 2:24 pm

hostels in Salida, Leadville and Grand Lake come to mind
tonymason

Re: Colorado Trail accomodations

Postby TwinLakesGS » Tue May 28, 2013 4:10 pm

We don't have showers, but would like to host backpackers. We are the Twin Lakes General Store (new owners).
My wife and I are enthusiastic about hikers visiting! We have multiple food choices, ice cream, backpacking supplies, three cabins, but one for sure this summer to be available $30/one room. The bad news: our bath house is out of service until we can get a plumber. National Forest visitor center and bathrooms are just across the highway.

Changing: the post office will likely be converted to mailbox units June 6th- no longer a post office...

IMPORTANT: Mail your packages to us and we'll do our damn'dest to keep yours with the others we have gathered. We'll strive to sell/supply/service your needs. We know the route delivery contractor and postmaster, and they know us. Send your essentials to:

Twin Lakes General Store, Carl & Katie Bryan
6451 e hwy 82
Twin Lakes, CO 81251

Please visit our website, facebook, email or call if you must:

www.twinlakesgs.com
info@twinlakesgs.com
719-486-2196

Looking forward to it!
TwinLakesGS

Postby TwinLakesGS » Tue May 28, 2013 4:13 pm

We don't have showers, but would like to host backpackers. We are the Twin Lakes General Store (new owners).
My wife and I are enthusiastic about hikers visiting! We have multiple food choices, ice cream, backpacking supplies, three cabins, but one for sure this summer to be available $30/one room. The bad news: our bath house is out of service until we can get a plumber. National Forest visitor center and bathrooms are just across the highway.

Changing: the post office will likely be converted to mailbox units June 6th- no longer a post office...

IMPORTANT: Mail your packages to us and we'll do our damn'dest to keep yours with the others we have gathered. We'll strive to sell/supply/service your needs. We know the route delivery contractor and postmaster, and they know us. Send your essentials to:

Twin Lakes General Store, Carl & Katie Bryan
6451 e hwy 82
Twin Lakes, CO 81251

Please visit our website, facebook, email or call if you must:

www.twinlakesgs.com
info@twinlakesgs.com
719-486-2196

Looking forward to it!
TwinLakesGS

Postby TwinLakesGS » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:18 pm

*Change to the accomodations- the hostels are across the street, actually the Twin Lakes Inn. www.thetwinlakesinn.com
$30/person. Full Kitchen, 2 bathrooms, much gooder :)
TwinLakesGS

Postby Jester » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Nice to see the Twin Lakes Inn is open (it was closed and for sale when I passed thru)!
Hope you're doing well!
Jester

Return to Continental Divide Trail