Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Lordsburg NM to Crazy Cook??

Here's the spot for all of you aspiring CDT enthusiasts. You're a tough breed, hiking one of the most untamed trails in the country.

Lordsburg NM to Crazy Cook??

Postby Qball » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:45 pm

For planning purposes and since no mileage is listed in Yogi's or Leys; from people who have done this section of the CDT....what "roughly" is the mileage between Lordsburg and the Crazy Cook Monument based on the Ley maps I'll be using?

Thanks

Qball
AT '11
PCT '12
CDT '13*
Qball

Re: Lordsburg NM to Crazy Cook??

Postby Pfeiffer » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:27 am

I measured 83.5 miles in Google Earth generally following the Bear Creek waypoints.
Pfeiffer

Postby jdrower » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:37 am

Is there a reference that allows me to figure out distances on Google-Maps?
Thanks
JD
jdrower

Postby postholer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:13 pm

jdrower wrote:Is there a reference that allows me to figure out distances on Google-Maps?

Using the postholer google maps you can get the distance between any two points. Here's how:

+ Click on the 'Show Distances' link near the top of the map
+ Move your mouse over the trail trace until a distance label appears, left click once
+ Move your mouse to another place on the trail trace until a label appears and left click once

A window will appear giving you the distance between the 2 points, the start/end trail miles and time to hike that distance at various hiking speeds.

This feature is available on all postholer google maps that show distances. These distances are based on the trail trace. In the case of the CDT, it does not match the official trail, so use at your own risk.

With all that said, using the process above, the distance from Crazy Cook to Lordsburg is 83.56 miles, exactly what pfieffer said.

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby jdrower » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:29 pm

Thanks for the map help.
JD
jdrower

Return to Continental Divide Trail