Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Site Admin

Here's the spot for all of you aspiring CDT enthusiasts. You're a tough breed, hiking one of the most untamed trails in the country.

Site Admin

Postby SunnyWalker » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:01 pm

Dear Site Admin: I wanted to hear from you officially on this, please!

When I pull up the map of CDT on Postholer Map section, is that a map of the Official CDNST route or Leys route, etc.? Thank you very much!
"Something hidden, go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" -Rudyard Kipling
SunnyWalker

Re: Site Admin

Postby postholer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:46 pm

SunnyWalker wrote:When I pull up the map of CDT on Postholer Map section, is that a map of the Official CDNST route or Leys route, etc.? Thank you very much!

Actually, none of the above. It's data from various sources, created long before an "official" route was collected by Jerry Brown.

The USFS and Jerry have the de-facto official route data. When (if) the USFS makes it publicly available I'll update the google CDT map.

If you're interested in Ley's route, there is a google map just for his data. Check the drop-down list.

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Re: Site Admin

Postby SunnyWalker » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:04 am

I see. Thank you. I appreciate the reply.
"Something hidden, go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" -Rudyard Kipling
SunnyWalker

Return to Continental Divide Trail