Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

CDT Data Book & Elev Charts (free)

Here's the spot for all of you aspiring CDT enthusiasts. You're a tough breed, hiking one of the most untamed trails in the country.

CDT Data Book & Elev Charts (free)

Postby postholer » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:31 am

Over the last week I've been putting together the data book and elevation charts so I can finalize the CDT maps.

Finally, it's complete!

The CDT Data Book has 4,120 locations showing description, total distance, distance to next, bearing to next, next near trail water and elevation. Bold lines are resupply locations, red are the beginning of dry stretches > 10 miles and blue show possible water locations.

The CDT Elevation Profiles are all the profiles from the data book, all in one place.

The way points come largely from Jerry Browns excellent data, but much more is there. Boundaries, such as state, county, forest, wilderness, burn areas have also been added. Note, only the first and last time you encounter a boundary is it noted to reduce clutter.

Many road names and crossings have been added. All springs, water bodyies > 15 square meters, within 300 feet of the trail are also noted.

The PDF version is coming shortly...

-postholer 8)
postholer
Site Admin

Re: CDT Data Book & Elev Charts (free)

Postby postholer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:07 am

The CDT data book is now available as a free 143 page PDF file. Go to the CDT Data Book page to download it.

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby HoverJob » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:38 am

Postholer - this data is amazing and greatly appreciated! However, I was wondering if you plan on reversing the data to make a southbound version any time soon? I was thinking of retyping it, but if you still have the original I figure it would be much faster for you to edit it and resave as a PDF. Let us know, and thanks so much!
HoverJob

Postby postholer » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:58 pm

HoverJob wrote:I was wondering if you plan on reversing the data to make a southbound version any time soon?

Yes!

It's on my todo list and you're not the first to ask. Give me a week or so to get it done, I've got other things on my plate at the moment. When it's done I'll send you an email as well as post it here.

Thanks for the nudge! :D

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby zippymorocco » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:58 am

Hi Postholer,

I am attempting to download the PDF of the CDT data book. I am unable to find the place to do so. I can get to the page that allows me to view it by section but haven't found a way to download. Could you please help me get to the right place. Thank you. The book looks great.
zippymorocco

Postby postholer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:39 am

zippymorocco wrote:I am attempting to download the PDF of the CDT data book. I am unable to find the place to do so.

If you go to this page:
http://www.postholer.com/maps/Continental-Divide-Trail

...about half way down to the "CDT Map Features" box, there is a link to "Preview & PDF Maps". That will take you there. Or you can just go here:
http://www.postholer.com/maps-preview/C ... de-Trail/2

Have fun out there!
-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby zippymorocco » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:24 am

postholer wrote:If you go to this page:
http://www.postholer.com/maps/Continental-Divide-Trail

...about half way down to the "CDT Map Features" box, there is a link to "Preview & PDF Maps". That will take you there. Or you can just go here:
http://www.postholer.com/maps-preview/C ... de-Trail/2

Have fun out there!
-postholer

Found it! Thank you for your help and thank you for sharing this great resource.
zippymorocco

Return to Continental Divide Trail