Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Only REAL hikers hike this trail

Do you have any unusual, enlightening or just out-right funny stories to tell? This is the place! Share your experiences with the entire community so we may learn from you.

Which trail is better?

Appalachian Trail
13%
Pacific Crest Trail
88%

Total votes : 16

Only REAL hikers hike this trail

Postby stillroaming » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:08 pm

We all know which trail is better. The other one is for wimps.
stillroaming

Postby Ellie » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:28 am

I will have to say, that while I found the views/scenery breath taking on the PCT, the AT beat the hell out of my poor body!
Ellie

Pennsylvania was a bloody nightmare....

Postby Breakfast » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:08 am

Fields of bowling ball sized rocks with triangle tops that roll whenever you step on them... for miles.... the stoniest state this side of the Mississippi.. My feet almost gave up and dropped off...

They're both beautiful trails.... one leans a bit m ore towards solitude and one gives itself to camaraderie a bit more....Maybe we can have an East Coast/West Coast Gangsta Rap style feud and Wingfoot and Ray Jardine can have Rap Battles over the trails......
Take it easy, but take it.
Breakfast

Postby p-fitz » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:41 pm

I've hiked about 600 miles of the AT and about 100 miles of the PCT. Even with my limited time on both trails, it's still difficult for me to say which trail I like better. The scenery on the PCT is more spectacular, but the AT has more character. It's a draw at this point for me. I'll keep hiking them both!
p-fitz

Return to Trail Stories