Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

PCT HYOH

GPS's, cell phones, PDA's, tablets or any other electronic device, this is the place. Someone will eventually answer your questions.

It's OK to be a geek and a hiker!

PCT HYOH

Postby wanderingtheworld » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Can anyone tell me more about PCT HYOH by Ruffwork? It's for Android phones (which I don't have) but interested in what kind of info the app has access to, and what else it does (in one little package).
wanderingtheworld

Re: PCT HYOH

Postby chaseat99 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:45 pm

I have used the pcthhyoh app for years. It makes it so much easier to post to my postholer journal no matter what trail I am on. Put simply it let's you fill in the blanks, miles hiked, hours, elevation gain etc etc, add a picture and put your position on a map of the trail. It puts all this into an email template to update my journal. This is the most important part to me unless I am hiking the pct then I can use its many other pct related functions.
So here I am with a new phone and the app is no longer available in the play store. The author Ruffwork passed away several years ago. I wish someone would revive the app. I dressed going back to email templates for my journal updates. Is the some way to move the app from my old android to the new one. I hate to switch journal sites.
Chase
chaseat99

Postby chaseat99 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:56 am

I finally figured out how to transfer this discontinued app from my old phone to my GS9. I have the apk file if anyone wants it. The post to your journal part works fine with gps location, miles hiked, etc The add a picture part is looking in the wrong place for my Pictures. If I can figure out where it is looking I could put my resized photos there. But that is no big deal. Yea! I thought I would have to abandon Postholer Journaling since its such a pain to fill in email templates after having the app do it all for me. Rest In Peace Ruffwork, I will think of you each time I use your app.

chase
chaseat99

Postby gunner76 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:08 pm

I would like to get a copy of that app if possible. What do you need to send it to me ? Thanks
gunner76

Postby chaseat99 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:23 am

gunner76 wrote:I would like to get a copy of that app if possible. What do you need to send it to me ? Thanks

Here is a link to the apk file. Let me know if it doesnt work for you.
chase

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WMkkZS ... sp=sharing
chaseat99

Return to Gadgets