Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Update from the North Cascades

For information on trail work parties and volunteer opportunities, check this forum often. As a PCT enthusiast and volunteer your efforts keep the crown jewel shining!

Moderator: North 350 Blades

Update from the North Cascades

Postby North 350 Blades » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:41 am

Well, our little PCT volunteer crew has been busy this last month. Working backwards we've done:

- Aug 23-25 we cleared 0.9 miles of brush and did a full tread restoration on another quarter mile of tread, about 3 miles north of Tacoma Pass (Section I, ~Mile 2392.2)
- Aug 17-18 we worked over the better part of 2 miles of trail north out of White Pass / Highway 12 (Section I, Mile 2320) restoring drainage and installing check steps on a couple eroding sections of trail. Also restored an existing set of check steps.
- August 15th (and earlier) we finished up cutting out the last of the winter blow down between Blowout Mtn (Section I, Mile ~2384) and the Wilderness Boundary north of Snoqualmie Pass (Section J, ~Mile 2422)
- We did some brushing near the power line stripes near Stampede Pass (Section I~Mile 2398).
- July 27 cleared Brush and logs north of Stevens Pass / Hwy 2 (Section K~Mile 2483).
- Did tread restoration south of Windy Pass (Section I~Mile 2412)

We have an upcoming project near Deception Pass (Section J, ~Mile 2463). We currently have 8 trail crew signed up to clear brush, blow down and restore tread. We have another project with about a dozen volunteers to work the tread north of Chinook Pass / Highway 410 in mid September. And after that we have another (at least) 5 single day projects to clear brush and restore tread in the north part of Section I near Snoqualmie Pass.

There are volunteer crews working up and down the trail. Consider joining one.
North 350 Blades

Re: Update from the North Cascades

Postby JimAndDona » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:40 am

Here is the North350Blades single day workparty schedule going into October:

All of these trips will be off of I-90 Exit 62. Meet up time will be 8:15 am. To sign up email: North350Blades@gmail.com
Most of the work will be power brushing.

Tuesday Sept 10
Sunday Sept 29
Wednesday Oct 2
Saturday Oct 5
Tuesday Oct 8

These trips are in addition to our week long (9/7-9/14) Hyas Lake project
and the three day (9/13-9/15) Chinook Pass project.
JimAndDona

Return to Pacific Crest Trail Volunteers