Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Nemo Meta 2

Rants and raves! With the plethora of gear that's out there, why don't you tell us about your gear. Help the community separate the good from the bad.

Moderator: stillroaming

Nemo Meta 2

Postby fiveten03 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:33 am

Hi,

Anyone have any experience with the Nemo Meta 2? I'm hiking the PCT with a partner and I think the additional space would be ideal considering it's comparable weight to the Tarptents and MSR alternatives.

Thanks
fiveten03

Postby outpost » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:36 am

i've used mine on the AT, and lots of local trails, about 30 nights.

i like it,

i have several youtube videos of it in use...

... you have to keep something open on it, a vent, a side door etc, to let some airflow in or is condenses really badly. .. fortunately you can set it up in any direction and then choose which corner to open which is VERY nice, you're not constricted to setting it up facing on way for the wind... which is nice on the trail when campsights can be tiny.

~Outpost
outpost

Re: Nemo Meta 2

Postby MonsViator » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:49 am

I recently got a Nemo Meta 2, I've only used it one night out so far...so take this with a grain of salt.

The ten worked well and it's quite light weight for the space.
It held up to some wind and rain at 10,000 feet. Here's my only concern is the condensation build up which dripped on my face in the morning, but I'l chalk that one up to user error on how we staked the tent out.
MonsViator

Return to Gear Review