Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Olive Oil Bottle

Rants and raves! With the plethora of gear that's out there, why don't you tell us about your gear. Help the community separate the good from the bad.

Moderator: stillroaming

Olive Oil Bottle

Postby SunnyWalker » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Just curious, has anyone a particular bottle to recommend for carrying some Olive Oil? The bottle the oil comes in is not very secure and so I figure on transferring it to something else. Was figuring a smaller clean pop bottle. Anyone? Thanks. :P
"Something hidden, go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" -Rudyard Kipling
SunnyWalker

Re: Olive Oil Bottle

Postby HikerDan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:13 pm

For the last 2-3 years, I have successfully used a small Nalgene type bottle (probably 2 oz.) that I bought @ REI.
Never has leaked a drop.
HikerDan

Postby Day-late » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:28 pm

I find those small energy drink bottles (like 5 hr energy) are a nice size if you only want a couple of ounces of something. I can usually find some discarded ones around so they are generally free.
Day-Late
Day-late

Re: Visene

Postby bcutlerj » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:28 pm

The "large" sized visine bottles work great if only for one person. A little spray will get you a little more than a tbs.
bcutlerj

Postby SunnyWalker » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:24 am

Thanks! Great idears!
"Something hidden, go and find it. Go, and look behind the Ranges. Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you . . . Go!" -Rudyard Kipling
SunnyWalker

Return to Gear Review