Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Ospery Ariel 65 Women's pack

Rants and raves! With the plethora of gear that's out there, why don't you tell us about your gear. Help the community separate the good from the bad.

Moderator: stillroaming

Ospery Ariel 65 Women's pack

Postby Wednesday_73 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Hello World, I'm planning my PCT hike 2015 and I was seriously considering buying the Ospery Ariel 65 pack. I was just wondering if anyone who has used this pack give me the rundown if I should buy this pack or not. Pros/Cons, any other suggestions??
Wednesday_73

Re: Ospery Ariel 65 Women's pack

Postby smcoregon » Mon May 19, 2014 9:10 am

I'm using the Osprey Aura 50 for my hike this summer on the Oregon portion of the trail. It's a full pound lighter and is less expensive than the Ariel 65. My friend who led the outdoor survival class at the Air Force Academy used it and it carried all of her gear as well as extra supplies for her students. The most important thing is that your pack fits well, a poorly fitted pack will rub blisters on your hips and shoulders. I also recommend buying from REI, they have a no questions return/exchange policy so you can test your gear on the trail and exchange it if it's not right for you. Good luck!
smcoregon

Return to Gear Review