Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

delete my marker

Anything concerning the Postholer Google Maps. This may be feature requests, marker information updates or bug reports.

Moderator: postholer

delete my marker

Postby Akatsuki » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:01 am

I mistakenly added a marker on the resupply point and I cannot figure out how to delete it. If there is an admin, I apologize for wasting your time in deleting it.

Sincerely,
Noel
Akatsuki

Re: delete my marker

Postby postholer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Akatsuki wrote:I mistakenly added a marker on the resupply point and I cannot figure out how to delete it.

Down at the bottom of the marker form, type 'delete' in the box, then save the marker.

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

re

Postby Akatsuki » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:42 am

sweet , thanks!
Akatsuki

Postby Turtle Feet » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:19 pm

postholer wrote:
Akatsuki wrote:I mistakenly added a marker on the resupply point and I cannot figure out how to delete it.

Down at the bottom of the marker form, type 'delete' in the box, then save the marker.

-postholer

I too am having trouble deleting a marker I'd like to remove. I've cut & pasted the specific waypoints into the boxes at the top of the form, then typed in "Delete" in the box at the bottom of the form and clicked on "save" below it, but nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?
www.sherryleitner.com
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
Turtle Feet

Postby postholer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Turtle Feet wrote:I too am having trouble deleting a marker I'd like to remove. I've cut & pasted the specific waypoints into the boxes at the top of the form, then typed in "Delete" in the box at the bottom of the form and clicked on "save" below it, but nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?

You need to select the marker you want to delete in the drop down list at the top, then at the bottom of the form type 'delete' in the delete box, then press save.

That should work.

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Postby Turtle Feet » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:14 pm

postholer wrote:
Turtle Feet wrote:I too am having trouble deleting a marker I'd like to remove. I've cut & pasted the specific waypoints into the boxes at the top of the form, then typed in "Delete" in the box at the bottom of the form and clicked on "save" below it, but nothing changes. What am I doing wrong?

You need to select the marker you want to delete in the drop down list at the top, then at the bottom of the form type 'delete' in the delete box, then press save.

That should work.

-postholer

I select the location in the drop down box at the top of the page, then I select "edit markers" to get the box with the 'delete' option to open up. Once that box is open, I type in "Delete", the location box disappears, but the marker does not. I've tried refreshing the page, it's still there.

Not sure what else to do...
www.sherryleitner.com
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
Turtle Feet

Postby postholer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Turtle Feet wrote:I select the location in the drop down box at the top of the page, then I select "edit markers" to get the box with the 'delete' option to open up. Once that box is open, I type in "Delete", the location box disappears, but the marker does not. I've tried refreshing the page, it's still there.

Not sure what else to do...

When you select 'edit markers' and the edit box appears, there is another drop down list in that box with all the markers you added in it. Select a marker, Neels Gap, Resupply#, Fontana Dam, whatever, then delete it.

-postholer
postholer
Site Admin

Return to Postholer Google Maps