Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

2010 AT SoBo's

The Appalachian Trail is the most well traveled and adored trail of the Triple Crown trails. So come on in, have a seat and tell us your story.

2010 AT SoBo's

Postby sageclegg » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:27 am

Hi! I am wondering who all is wandering southbound on the AT this fall. Rumor has it that there is a handful of people who hike each year and try to make it to a big moonshine filled bash at Springer Mnt. for New Years. I hope to meet some of you mythical hiking oddballs out there under the colorful leaves this fall.
If any of you have any tips for a west coast kid who is meeting the AT for the first time, or any thoughts on water & trail concerns for fall SoBoers post 'em here.
Thanks!
Sage
Footsteps for Sandall
Hiking for Wild & Creative Childhoods
emilysandall.org
sageclegg

Postby BooBoo » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Water concerns will probably be Central VA if the current weather pattern keeps up. They are probably mid to Southern PA closing in on Harper's Ferry in a short bit. You could probably call the ATC to find out if they have had many Sobos start to trickle through.

Most of them will finish before New Years. Most of the people on springer for new years hike up there for that reason or are just trying to start the trail nobo. There could be a small few sobos there as well.
AT ME>GA 2007, PCT 2009 CA, PCT 2013
BooBoo

Return to Appalachian Trail