Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

CLASS OF "2015"

The Appalachian Trail is the most well traveled and adored trail of the Triple Crown trails. So come on in, have a seat and tell us your story.

CLASS OF "2015"

Postby Gorp-Gobbler » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:59 am

Has anyone started making plans for a 2015 Thru-Hike? I hope to begin an "Extended" version of a thru-hike begining on Flagg Mountain in Alabama on the Pinhoti Trail around the first of March, arriving at Springer Mountain by April 1st.
If you care to share ideas and/or suggestions, feel free to do so, I'd like to hear from you. :D
Sometimes Easy, Sometimes Difficult, but Always Good....(James Rutter: AT Thru-Hiker)
Gorp-Gobbler

Re: CLASS OF "2015"

Postby STINGER » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Last year I hiked Florida-Maine. The Pinhoti is a great trail. Hope you have a great walk.
STINGER

Re: CLASS OF "2015"

Postby flip_flop » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Hello! I am Flip/Flop, I am starting out from Harpers Ferry WV on April 06, 2015 to reduce the environmental impact on Springer Mountain during early spring.
I am a newly retired IAFF firefighter/medic with over 27 years as a public servant to the fine citizens of Louisville Kentucky. I am 54 years of male and I am looking for a hiking partner that is dog friendly and would like to flip flop the AT. Please sent a message to me if interested and we can work out details of trainings and visits.

Thanks, see you on the trail.
email: appalachiaoutdoors@gmail.com
flip_flop

Return to Appalachian Trail