Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

Interested in NoBo Cascade Locks to Manning?

Discussion area for all topics concerning the the Pacific Crest Trail. This is a pleasant and friendly place where the 'hike your own hike' philosophy is encouraged.

Moderator: postholer

Interested in NoBo Cascade Locks to Manning?

Postby ridehard » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:55 am

Looking for someone who might be interested in hiking this section.

I had a PCT permit from Campo but had to cancel out of that due to an illness in the family. After many weeks of illness, that person has now passed away, and I can probably re-arrange things to be free from the last week of July to Labor Day.

I still have the Customs entry for Canada off the PCT, so thinking about a section hike Cascade Locks to Manning Park for a month. Thought to fly to PDX on about July 24th or 25th (I'm the Estate executor so can't get away sooner), bus it to Hood River, rent a car there to shop and maildrop stuff. Camp at Tucker or somewhere or my friend's orchard, and hike a day or 2 after. I have a hard ending time constraint of, at the latest, Sept 1. Need to be on an island off the west coast of BC on Sept 2.

If that doesn't work out, kicking around the AZT SoBo from after Labor Day onward thru October with no particular time constraints.

I have a couple of options for August, but this is one that kind of appeals to me right now.
ridehard

Return to Pacific Crest Trail