Postholer.Com

A Place to discuss hiking along your favorite trail
Home Journals Maps Planner Postholer

2019 Thru Hike looking to get to Airport from Tehachapi

Discussion area for all topics concerning the the Pacific Crest Trail. This is a pleasant and friendly place where the 'hike your own hike' philosophy is encouraged.

Moderator: postholer

2019 Thru Hike looking to get to Airport from Tehachapi

Postby Valdyr » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:40 pm

So... Go my permit had my dates set, best friend is now getting married so I will have to get off trail for a week.

Based on Schedule should be at Tehachapi/Tehachapi Willow Springs Rd when I need to get off trail.

Have a local friend in Palmsprings but its too far for him to get to so looking for other options...

Thanks for the help!
Valdyr

Re: 2019 Thru Hike looking to get to Airport from Tehachapi

Postby Terminator » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:39 pm

Kern transit will get you to Bakersfield and from there Amtrak to LAX
Terminator

Postby mountainlogic » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:38 pm

A very helpful website for finding rural bus connections is http://rome2rio.com I believe it was created to solve just your type of problem. And yes it does have Kern county transit in its data base.
mountainlogic

Postby Chip » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:40 pm

I was going to do just this in 2017. After discussing the options with my hitchhike driver, an easier option was the bus to Lancaster, Amtrak to Union Station (LA) and another bus to LAX.
Chip

Postby Chip » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:40 pm

I was going to do just this in 2017. After discussing the options with my hitchhike driver, an easier option was the bus to Lancaster, Amtrak to Union Station (LA) and another bus to LAX.
Chip

Postby Thunderbolt_47 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:58 am

Thanks for the tips and for the site! I was actually planning to walk the Pacific Crest Trail some day, but my wife accepted only if we spent the first week of holidays according to her terms... So, when we'll arrive in Tehachapi, we'll head to LA, but not to bolt towards the airport: she insists on renting a flat in Los Angeles for a week first, to rest after the long hike on the trail!
When you're with a great person with a perfectly compatible personality but radically different tastes, it might be difficult (and expensive) to find compromises, but it still isn't impossible.
Thunderbolt_47

Return to Pacific Crest Trail