View/Sign my Guestbook
Jack and Barb
Begins: Apr 17, 2011
Date: Mon, Apr 25th, 2011
Daily Distance: 0
Trip Distance: 109.6
Entry Visits: 1,485
Journal Visits: 387,864
Guestbook Views: 167,248
Guestbook Entrys: 482
ENTER OUR CONTEST!
ENTER THE CONTEST!
(sorry, the contest is now over, you snoozed)
Yes, we are having a contest.
We are just so busy right now, we don't have time to do the math so here is the problem - It is a real problem too
Boo Boo and The Tequila Kid leave from mile 110 at noon on April 30th. They are travelling at exactly 20 miles per day. Every 10 days, they lose a day by zeroing out in a town. (to clarify, they hike for 10 and take one off)
The Kid's friend, Malto starts from the border (mile 0) at noon on May 22nd. He is fast and is averaging exactly 30 miles per day. He can't afford any zero days.
The question: At what mile marker will Malto hook up with Boo Boo' and The Tequila Kid? (for extra credit, no points, what will be the date?)
Ok, rules, we have to have some rules.
1) All entries must be submitted by email and received by noon (Pacific time) on April 29, 2011 (so if the year is 2014 or somethin, forget it) Use the email address at the bottom of this page. Enter the word "Contest" in the subject line. (email address is email@example.com)
2) Anyone who personally knows Malto, Boo Boo', or The Tequila Kid is not elgible to enter. You know who you are. JT our friend who is a math teacher, sorry, you are inelgible. Malto, sorry, you are inelgible and tough luck Elevator, no dice.
3) We will try to get JT to figure it out. Otherwise, we will randomly pick some answers that look kinda right.
4) The first five people who email in the correct answer will receive a prize - we can't tell you what it is but we think you will like it (hint: it is way better than a Cracker Jack prize)
5) If you are notified that you won, send us your mailing address and we will send you your prize. If you don't hear from us, either you had an incorrect answer or we ran out of prizes.
6) You do not have to do the math yourself. You can get your 10 year old to do it for you. And you can keep the prize for yourself
7) You do not have to show your work.
8) This contest is open to anyone worldwide. If you live in a place where mail is not delivered, you are inelgible.
So Einsteins, get those calculators or sliderules out, and help us find Malto this summer. (you can still solve it but sorry, the contest is over!)
For you real nerdy types, we may have an updated problem around June 15th, when we have a better handle on the speeds and dates etc. (Like, Malto could be doing avg 31.26 mpd by then)
Some housekeeping: A guy named Jan (pronounced "Yan") who had this very cool wood handled ice axe (but also very heavy) picked up two PCT guide books that were left behind by some hikers. They belong to a guy named Jack (not this one) and his friend (name unknown). Jan gave the heavy books to Wrangler who, in turn, eventually gave them to us ('cause we were pretty darn light as it was). So, we have these two books, highlighted and everything - and really want to return them to their owner. We will be bringing them to the KO. If you know these guys, contact us or find us at the KO on Friday.
If anyone reading this sees Wrangler at Lake Morena, tell him we got him a nice new pair of REI cargo pants- in a darker color too. He can burn his jeans.
Jack And Barb Take On The PCT
Postholer.Com © 2005-2023 - Sitemap - W3C - @postholer - GIS Portfolio